The good news is finally here and personally saying, a reason to update to iOS 6 is here : The Jailbreak for iOS 6 and for the new iPhone 5. Special thanks to Evasi0n for finally bringing a successful untethered jailbreak for iDevices running iOS 6 or iOS 6.1. Team Evad3rs was established earlier this year, combines some of the jailbreak community’s most talented developers: Nikias Bassen (Pimskeks), Planetbeing (David Wang), France-based Pod2g (Cyril) and Los Angeles-based MuscleNerd; all known for producing reliable jailbreaks in the past.
The requirements are quite simple. All you need is as below :
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
- Five minutes of your time.
- Download iOS 6.1 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Download Evasi0n for Windows
- Download Evasi0n for Mac
- Download Evasi0n for Linux
While you attempt a jailbreak, also take a note of following some of the instructions provided by the Evasi0n team in order to not to fail while jailbreaking your device :
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can’t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ‘Open.’ On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ‘Open’ as well.
That’s it. This is really a great news for all the users who were waiting eagerly for a latest jailbreak for iOS 6 or for their iPhone 5. With Hackulous shutting down, I know there is no simple source to get free apps but there are a few great things which a jailbreak can provide. All the best and see you on the other side with some great tech news soon!